BLSD Basic life Support Defibrillation course
San Marino State HospitalBLSd and Healthcare Retraining course calendar
The BLSD course has the main objective of acquiring the cognitive and methodological tools and skills necessary to prevent anoxic brain damage and to recognize the state of unconsciousness, respiratory arrest and pulselessness in an adult patient in a state of absolute safety for himself, for the rescued person and for bystanders. To avoid these very serious consequences, it is necessary to optimize intervention times, standardize and order the assessments to be made and the actions to be taken within the so-called chain of survival.
Purpose of the Course:
1. Acquire and summarize the knowledge relating to the treatment of cardiac arrest with an external semi-automatic defibrillator according to the Italian Resuscitation Council guidelines;
2. Knowing how to recognize cardiac arrest;
3. Knowing how to manage a rescue team in the event of cardiac arrest;
4. Knowing how to implement the maneuvers and protocols for the treatment of cardiac arrest with a semi-automatic defibrillator (ventricular fibrillation/pulseless ventricular tachycardia);
5. Acquire self-control skills in response to critical situations;
6. Acquire emergency response team management skills for the early use of the semi-automatic defibrillator .
The BLSD course is aimed at doctors, nurses and volunteer rescuers and those who periodically work in the intra- and extra-hospital emergency-urgency departments.
BLSd registration form (reserved for ISS personnel)